With great anticipation and joy we broke ground this summer on our $4 million Cornerstone Christian Academy facility improvement. While the addition of the gym is the most significant, there are lots of additions about which we're excited. Read the list below to learn more and to join us in praying for all that will be done.
- We are adding a 50x50 yard artificial turf field for playground and recess use, and sports practice for football and soccer.
- Our gymnasium will go up quickly due to being a prefabricated metal building. Expected completion by February.
- Our new gym will include room for 3 volleyball courts
- Our new gym will be the perfect place for our elementary and secondary PE classes to develop new skills and and ample space to play different types of games throughout the year.
We are adding a new 17,000+ square foot structure including a gym with multiple courts, locker rooms, concessions, band room, and private music lesson studios.
- We will be quadrupling our playground size and adding swings and a turf practice field
- In our new gym space, we will have men’s/women’s restrooms, home boys/girls changing rooms with lockers, visitor/coaches locker room with bathroom & shower.
- As part of construction we will be getting a new concrete entry driveway and front walkway.
- In our gym we will have 2 wireless digital score boards.
- This is a $4 million dollar facility improvement that started Summer 2017 and should complete late winter/ early spring 2018.
- Our new corridor to the gym will include trophy cases and a championship and awards wall for all of our athletic victories over the past 22 years!
- We will have 7 rows of bleachers on each side.
- As part of our construction we will be getting a brand new roof on the existing building which will eliminate broken ceiling tiles and leaky ceilings during rain and snow storms… yay!
- Our new gym will have a concessions stand!
- We are adding a Band Room and Private Music Lesson rooms to our gymnasium building.
- We will have a full CHSAA regulation main court that can be split into two full width auxiliary basketball courts.
- We will have a bus garage and storage area on the East side of the building.
- Building a gymnasium eliminates communication about sports practice location, lightens transportation needs and allow for off season/summer open-gym opportunities .
- We will be gaining an additional 110 parking spaces.