3D Rendering of Renovated Weight Room that was complete August 2017.. Weight room includes top of the line Legend Equipment, 1" thick Shok-Lok flooring and 75 feet of synthetic turf for agility, speed and plyometric training.
Hope to see you this Summer!
2018 Summer Sessions:
- Incoming 9th-12th Grade (CCA Athletes & and approved homeschool/Non-CCA Students who intend to play CCA sports)
- May 29th - Aug 9th (No activities July 2nd-6th)
- Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur 7-9am @ Cornerstone Christian Academy Weight Room & Turf Field
- Cost: $100 Includes Tshirt/Shorts
- Registration Deadline: *Any sign-ups after May 29th may not receive t-shirt/shorts but are welcome to join the program.
- Camp Director: Coach (Reed) Doughty
- ***MANDATORY Newcomer Orientation — May 14-18 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Incoming 6th-8th Grade (CCA & Any Non-CCA students welcome)
- May 30th - August 8th (*No Camp July 2- 6)
- Mon/Wed 9:15am - 10:45am @
Cornerstone Christian Academy Turf Field
- Cost: $75 Includes Tshirt/Shorts
- Registration Deadline: *Any sign-ups after May 29th may not receive t-shirt/shorts but are welcome to join the program
- Camp Director: Coach (Reed) Doughty
Director of Performance: Coach (Reed) Doughty
Instructor Bio: Coach (Reed) Doughty has a Bachelors of Exercise Science from the University of Northern Colorado where he was a 2x Division IAA Football All-American and 3x Academic All-American. He went on to play 8 years in the NFL for the Washington Redskins. During his college and Pro tenure, he trained with the best and by the best that the industry has to offer. He has taken those experiences and developed his program to meet both Youth and HS needs at Cornerstone Christian Academy. Coach Doughty is the Athletic Director, Director of Sports Performance and Assistant Football Coach at Cornerstone Christian Academy.
If you have any questions about the Cornerstone Performance Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CORNERSTONE PERFORMANCE TRAINING
The mission of Cornerstone Performance is to develop the complete athlete. Our athletes train with top-of-the-line equipment and using state-of-the-art training techniques with a knowledgeable performance coach who cares. Our training program is designed to enhance overall athletic performance that will keep athletes strong and healthy all season long in an uplifting and encouraging atmosphere. This gives our teams and athletes the best chance of success, as we strive to achieve our goals physically, mentally and spiritually as we compete in a Christ-like manner.
Cornerstone Performance training sessions are open to all Cornerstone students and provide a great opportunity to train year-round!
WHAT IS SPORTS PERFORMANCE AND WHY DO I NEED IT?
Our program is designed for students participating in competitive sports. It features instruction on the aspects of Sports Performance as they pertain to athletic competition including: strength, speed, agility, mobility, explosiveness, and coordination. The Cornerstone Performance Program is designed to help athletes reach their fullest potential, no matter the sport. Cornerstone Performance training prepares students for the rigors of the athletic season aimed at keeping athletes where they belong: on the field!
Students undergo periodic strength and fitness assessments to track progress.
NUTRITION - THE ATHLETES' SECRET WEAPON
The Cornerstone Performance staff understands how important it is for student-athletes to fuel their bodies to meet academic and athletic demands. We educate our athletes and provide them with the right resources to keep them functioning at a high level all year long.
Nutrition Topics Covered:
- Optimal Everyday Nutrition
- Nutrient Intake and Timing
- Hydration Strategies
- Dietary Supplements